Dear Nevada City Business Owner,
It’s that time of year again, the time to start preparing and saving the dates for SYRCL’s largest fundraiser of the year, the 18th Annual Wild and Scenic Film Festival. This year’s festival will be January 16-20, 2020, over the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday weekend.
Did you know that this festival is the largest of its kind in the country? With more than 8,000 visitors and volunteers attending this event, we invite you to help us give them the warmest welcome and best opportunities to shop, eat, and explore our communities.
This is a great time to offer a sale or special to out-of-towners and locals alike to boost your business/service. I’d love to inspire you to decorate your downtown windows in the spirit of Wild & Scenic’s environmental message.
Here are a number of ways to get involved; I’m sure you’ll have your own ideas, too so if we can be of help just let us know.
- Decorate your window to promote film or the environment
- Offer special deals to customers who display a Wild & Scenic ticket stub or pass
- Extend your businesses’ open hours to accommodate later nights and Sunday hours
Nevada City will be a vibrant hub of festival activity again this; here’s what you can expect to see:
- Daytime closure of York Street for Saturday-Sunday, Jan 18-19, featuring our EnviroFair
- Opening ceremony and reception Friday evening, Jan 17, 4:30-6:30 pm at the Miners Foundry
- Art Stroll on Friday afternoon, Jan 17
- Virtual Reality Lounge Friday-Sunday at KVMR
- Films at eight venues Friday night through Sunday mid-day throughout the span of Nevada City
- Workshops, fireside chats, coffee talks, and more throughout the weekend
- Media Lounge Friday-Sunday, Jan 17-19, at the Nevada City Winery
- Environmental workshops at the Activist Center at City Hall all day Saturday and Sunday
- Wild & Scenic Gala and Late Night Dance Party featuring KVMRx DJ showcase on Saturday, Jan 18 at the Stone House
- Free Awards Party on Sunday at 4pm at Miners Foundry
- Award-winning film screenings at Nevada Theatre on Sunday and Monday, Jan 19-20
- Shuttle service between Grass Valley & Nevada City Friday night-Sunday afternoon, Jan 17-19
It will be a fun filled and inspirational weekend, so be sure to get yourself and your business involved in all things Wild & Scenic. Please feel free to contact me with any question/ideas you might have about our weekend events. I’d love to hear from you. And remember to save the dates Jan 16-20, 2020.
Looking forward to a fantastic 2020 Festival!
Jorie Emory – Film Festival Director
530-265-5961 x 208 | firstname.lastname@example.org