October 23, 2019: At this time Victorian Christmas is at it’s capacity of vendors. If you would like to apply for our waiting list, please click into the application after reading the instructions and apply. Please do not pay until you are contacted that you are part of the event. Thank you!!
Vendors Selected by Jury – by October 20, 2019
Approved Vendors Notified via Email – by October 30, 2019
Please be sure to review the requirements on this page first.
December 8, 15, & 22
1:30 – 6:00 p.m.
December 11 & 18
5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
ATTENTION NEW CRAFT & MERCHANT VENDORS
You are required to submit 2-5 photos or jpegs of your products and 1 of your booth.
PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST ALL OF THE ITEMS YOU WILL BE SELLING!
The Victorian Christmas Planning Committee will accept new craft & merchant vendor submissions based on originality, quality of workmanship and marketability.
Returning vendors are exempt from submitting photos
ALL VENDORS MUST WEAR CLOTHING SUGGESTIVE OF THE VICTORIAN ERA
All fees include a city impact fee of $20 for all vendors to help with traffic, trash, and public safety expenses.
- Craft Vendors – $450
All items handmade by the vendor.
- Merchant Vendors – $275 (Must be Chamber member)
All items mass-produced and/or imported, including pre-packaged foods.
- Food Vendors – $500 (Must be Chamber member)
All food vendors must apply before November 1, 2019 or a County fine will be added to your amount due.
Before registering all food vendors must have a Temporary Food Facilities permit from the Nevada County Environmental Health Department. To apply download and return the Nevada County Food Vendor Application and Risk Assessment.
Deadline for all vendors is October 15, 2019
- 10×10 space
- Electricity Prohibited
- Food Vendor vans/booths on wheels (when permitted by chamber officials) must pay an additional out-of-compliance-size fee.
- Insurance. The Nevada City Chamber of Commerce and the City of Nevada City must be named as additionally insured on your insurance policy. A certificate must be submitted to the Chamber no later than 10 days before the event.
- Resale license. This is required to complete the online registration. For more information on acquiring a resale license see www.cdtfa.ca.gov. Be aware that it can take two weeks from submitting your application to receive your license.
- All food vendors are required to have a Temporary Facility Permit – Environmental Health Temporary Food Facility Permit Application. This is required to complete the online registration.
- Participate in all five events.
- Dress in clothing suggestive of the (1800’s) Victorian era.
- Decorate your booth festively with pine boughs, red bows, etc.
- TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU AFTER EACH EVENT.
- Booth items may be set-up on sidewalk and/or in marked parking space, but not in the street until City Police give approval.
- At exit time, all booth items must be moved to sidewalk and/or in marked parking space before vehicles are allowed on the street. (also in Vendor Instructions).
Prior to October 15th, your fee, minus $25 for processing, will be returned. After October 15th, no refunds will be granted.
Downtown merchants may request a reserved street location prior to October 10th. Restaurants outside the downtown area will be assigned a Food Court location.