Theme: “To the 9s”
Sunday June 23, 2019 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
Pioneer Park, 421 Nimrod St, Nevada City, CA
The 70-piece Nevada County Concert Band continues its 48th season with big band, classic, jazz, folk, film, and popular music, all centering around the number 9.
• “Beyond the Horizon,” an inspiring tribute to the 1969 space race
• Toe-tapping marches “Evans’ Fashion Plate,” “His Honor,” and “Fame and Fortune”
• Tchaikovsky’s beloved “Sleeping Beauty Waltz”
• “Rails West!” to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Golden Spike
• Carmen Dragon’s stirring arrangement of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”
• “Big Band Classics” and the sultry jazz strains of “Harlem Nocturne”
• An irresistible taste of “Love Potion Number 9”
• A trumpet trio, alto saxophone soloist, and more
The band always has a good time, engaging the audience with special treats like props, costumes, and other surprises.
The concert is free, open to the public, accessible and family-friendly. Bring a lawn chair, shade, and a picnic dinner, or treat yourself to goodies from the hot dog or ice cream vendors. Non-profit donations to support the band will be gratefully accepted.