It’s easy and fun to dress as a Victorian.
Local Stores with Victorian Attire
- Solstice – 104 N. Pine St. – a wide variety of costumes, cloaks, and more for reasonable prices.
- The Hat Store – 314 Broad St. – a large selection of hats including top hats, bowlers, and more.
You don’t have to spend lots of money or time to make a great costume.
Here are some simple ideas:
- Wear a vest over high-collared shirt.
- Put knee socks over jeans or pants to look like knickers.
- Attach feathers to a broad-brimmed hat and put on a pair of long, elbow length gloves.
- Shirt sleeves pushed up with elastic at the elbows
- Tie a long scarf over a blouse, sweater, jacket etc.
- Drape a shawl over a blouse or shirt
- Wear colorful suspenders over a plain, plaid or paisley shirt
- Wear a bow tie or string tie.
- Try a top hat, a bowler or a fake handlebar mustache!
- Add some ruffles! A ruffled apron over an ankle length skirt or a ruffled cap.
More ideas can be found by visiting these links: