DEADLINE EXTENDED: Apply by February 16th (for Craft & Retail only)
Vendors Selected by Jury
Please be sure to review the requirements on this page first.
2022 Mardi Gras
- Sunday, February 27, 2022
ATTENTION CRAFT & MERCHANT VENDORS
You are required to submit 2-5 photos or jpegs of your products and 1 of your booth.
PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST ALL OF THE ITEMS YOU WILL BE SELLING!
The Mardi Gras Planning Committee will accept new craft & merchant vendor submissions based on originality, quality of workmanship and marketability.
VENDORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DRESS IN FESTIVE MARDI GRAS ATTIRE
All fees include a city impact fee of $20 for all vendors to help with traffic, trash, and public safety expenses.
- Craft Vendors – $75
All items handmade by the vendor.
- Non-craft Vendors – $75 (Must be Chamber member)
All items mass-produced and/or imported, including pre-packaged foods.
- Food Vendors – $75 (Must be Chamber member)
All food vendors must apply before February 9, 2022 or a County fine will be added to your amount due.
Before registering all food vendors must have a Temporary Food Facilities permit from the Nevada County Environmental Health Department. To apply download and return the Nevada County Food Vendor Application and Risk Assessment.
Deadline for all vendors is February 16, 2022
- 10×10 space
- Electricity Prohibited
- Food Vendor vans/booths on wheels (when permitted by chamber officials) must pay an additional out-of-compliance-size fee.
- Insurance. The Nevada City Chamber of Commerce and the City of Nevada City must be named as additionally insured on your insurance policy (food vendors only). A certificate must be submitted to the Chamber no later than 10 days before the event.
- Resale license. This is required to complete the online registration. For more information on acquiring a resale license see www.cdtfa.ca.gov. Be aware that it can take two weeks from submitting your application to receive your license.
- All food vendors are required to have a Temporary Facility Permit – Environmental Health Temporary Food Facility Permit Application. This is required to complete the online registration.
- Decorate your booth festively with with Mardi Gras themed decor.
- TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU AFTER EACH EVENT.
- Booth items may be set-up on sidewalk and/or in marked parking space, but not in the street until City Police give approval.
- At exit time, all booth items must be moved to sidewalk and/or in marked parking space before vehicles are allowed on the street. (also in Vendor Instructions).
Prior to February 9th, your fee, minus $50 for processing, will be returned. After February 10th, no refunds will be granted, unless related to county-wide COVID event restrictions.