While all our events are rain or shine there are severe weather factors that may lead to the cancellation of our events. We have been experiencing extreme weather conditions with greater frequency. Therefore, it is important to have contingency plans in place to ensure the reasonable safety of participants in the case of adverse weather conditions.
Leading up to events we closely monitor the weather. We work with the City of Nevada City, Nevada City Police Department, and Nevada City-Grass Valley Fire Department to determine if events are safe to proceed. We have created this guide to help you determine when to expect cancellations.
Smoke & Fire
- An AQI of 300 or more will cause cancellation of events.
- If there is a fire within a close proximity to the event, we will work with local safety agencies to determine if the event is safe to be held.
Snow or Ice
- If six or more inches of snow is projected to fall during the event the event will be cancelled.
- We will work with safety agencies to determine if the road conditions are safe enough to vendors and participants to safely drive to and from the event.
- In the event and a major snow fall prior to the event, we will determine if the walkways are safe for pedestrian traffic.
- Sustained wind speeds of 25+ miles per hour and/or gusts at 35+ miles per hour will lead the the cancellation of events.
Thunder & Lightning
- If there is a thunder or lightning storm within close proximity to the event will work with local safety agencies to determine in the event can proceed.
When a Event Has Been Cancelled
- We make every effort to provide as much notice as possible if our event is cancelled.
- Advanced cancellation – Our goal is to provide at least 24 hours notice, but we may make the final decision 4 hours prior to the event.
- Unexpected cancellations – Changing weather conditions may lead to cancellations at any time during an event.
- If an event is cancelled we will:
- Notify vendors, volunteers, and performers via email
- Notify local media outlets
- Update our social media
- Update our event webpage
- If you are concerned an event may be cancelled, be sure to check our social media for the most up to date information.