Please carefully read all instructions before applying.
2024 Earth Fest Celebration – Sunday, April 21st
After our second successful event in 2023, we are looking forward to an even better Earth Fest in 2024. This event will Broad & Pine Streets and there will be great additions including a electric vehicle car show, a rock wall, and more!
Deadline to register for all vendors is April 7th
Zero Waste & Earth Friendly
Our goal is to make this a zero waste event. All vendors are expected to comply with the zero-waste guidelines, which you will receive via email. All vendors should have an environmental focus to fit event.
- Retail Vendors – $75: All retail items including crafts and mass-produced wares. All retail vendors should offer environmentally friendly products.
- Educational Booth – $50: For educational only booths offering free handouts, brochures, and displays. No sales.
- Interactive Activity Booth – $25: Interactive activities are highly encouraged for this event. We are aiming to educate and inspire attendees through hands-on demonstrations and environmental activities. No sales.
- Downtown Chamber Members – $25: Open to all chamber members with brick & mortar stores in downtown or in the 7 Hills District
- Food Vendors – $75: Must apply before April 1, 2024 or a County fine will be added to your amount due. Food vendors must take steps to reduce waste and are highly encouraged to offer organic or locally sourced foods. Only compostable plates and utensils allowed.
Before registering all food vendors must have a Temporary Food Facilities permit from the Nevada County Environmental Health Department. To apply, download and return the Nevada County Food Vendor Application and Risk Assessment.
This is a juried event. Submitting a application does not guarantee acceptance. You will be notified via email of your acceptance. Credit card payment is processed automatically upon submission of your application. If you are not accepted the payment will be refunded to you.
- 10×10 space
- Power is not provided. Sustainable electricity only (no gas – except food vendors).
- Food Vendor vans/booths on wheels (when permitted by chamber officials) must pay an additional out-of-compliance-size fee.
- Insurance. The Nevada City Chamber of Commerce and the City of Nevada City must be named as additionally insured on your insurance policy (food vendors only). A certificate must be submitted to the Chamber no later than 10 days before the event.
- Resale license. This is required for Retail and Food Vendors to complete the online registration. For more information on acquiring a resale license see www.cdtfa.ca.gov. Be aware that it can take two weeks from submitting your application to receive your license.
- All food vendors are also required to have a Temporary Facility Permit – Environmental Health Temporary Food Facility Permit Application. This is required to complete the online registration.
- We are aiming to be a low or zero-waste event, please take steps to minimize your waste. All vendors are asked to recycle and compost. Compost and recycling bins will be provided.
- Booth items may be set-up on sidewalk and/or in marked parking space, but not in the street until City Police give approval.
- At exit time, all booth items must be moved to sidewalk and/or in marked parking space before vehicles are allowed on the street. (also in Vendor Instructions).
Prior to April 1, your fee, minus $50 for processing, will be returned. After April 1, no refunds will be granted, unless related to county-wide COVID event restrictions.