Nevada County is fortunate enough to have community access to COVID-19 testing in both Eastern and Western Nevada County and we want to make sure that everyone is aware that all are welcome.
Anyone 12 years old and older can get tested, whether you have insurance or not, whether you’re symptomatic or not, whether you’re a resident of Nevada County or not.
Testing is by appointment only.
You can register for an appointment online, at https://www.lhi.care/covidtesting, or by calling 1-888-634-1123.
We want to get the word out– You can get tested if—-
- Symptoms or no symptoms
- Insured, under-insured or uninsured
- No doctor referral needed
- The Grass Valley site is now drive-through, you don’t even get out of the car! (people on foot also accepted, with an appointment)
- There is no charge! If you have insurance, that will be billed. If not, the state will pay for your test.
- The website is available in English and Spanish.
- You can be tested more than once, if you wish.
A few tips for the registration process:
- Be sure to write down your patient number when they give it to you – you’ll need it for later in the process and at your appointment.
- During the sign-up process, you’ll need your insurance info (if you don’t have insurance, no problem, you can just leave that part blank) and a cell phone or email address. They text or email you a code during the process that you’ll need to finish your sign-up.
- Appointments available Tues-Sat, 7am – 7pm.
- Same-day appointments are often available.
- Currently, you’ll get your results in approx. 48-72 hours, but that can change as testing volume shift statewide (it has been longer at various points).
- The test is a nasal swab test.
- This is not an antibody test, this is PCR test that tests for current infection.